Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Your Love is Extravagant

I strongly encourage each of you to go to Mission Arlington. I could tell you all about it, but it means so much more and makes much more sense when you experience it for yourself. The Christmas store is absolutely amazing. We unloaded about 3 completely full truck loads of toys in the short amount of time we were there. Brand new toys, by the truck loads! I have never worked so hard in my life. We were so worn out and tired every night, but it was a good tired. MA is huge. They own many different buildings, but it amazed me at how incredibely organized everything was. The Christmas store helped give gifts to over 11,000 children. There were over 100 decisions made. Over 500 people came through the store that Saturday. It's amazing to see God at work each and every day. He runs Mission Arlington. We hope to make our MA trip yearly. Please, join us.

Christmas was a blessing as always. I love our traditions. I love that even though I am 21 and the youngest of the Mattox kids, we still wake up early to see what Santa left us. We found some old home videos and watched those one night. It was so nice to have us all together reliving the good old days.

This past Sunday, I, Claire Mattox, preached at my church. It was Youth Sunday, so the other kids just said the prayers that were written for them and read Scriptures. I was in charge of everything else. I spoke on missions; on how I got involved, missionaries aren't special people, we're all called, my time in Nevada (mostly about the refugees), and a challenge as to what is your part in missions. I didn't really think it was anything special, it's just what was on my heart. After the service, I was swarmed by everyone telling me how much they enjoyed it. I was doing fine until people started talking about my Grandaddy. How they could see him coming out in me when I was up at the pulpit, that he was definitely smiling down on me today, and how proud he would be. Quinn Mattox was one amazing man. I am so honored for people to think of him when they see me. My dad and aunt cried through the whole sermon. I later found out that Daddy told my other aunt in Florida that this was the best Christmas present he had ever gotten. I am so blessed to have parents that love me and are proud of me. Some people asked if I was for hire and if I was adopted. Haha!

I'm going with Auburn Baptist Church to Passion. We're leaving Saturday at 6 AM for Atlanta, Georgia. I am so excited. Passion is an amazing conference with about 20,000 other college students coming together to praise and worship our Father. I'm pretty pumped!

My dear Amy Simmons is back from Peru. It truly changed her life, and I loved hearing all her stories. It definitely makes me want to go overseas. Hopefully, that is in my future.
Will comes home Saturday. It's been so long since I've talked to him. I'm ready for him to be safe and sound in Pontotoc, MS.
Matthew Archer is also home from China. He is so much fun! And he brought me back a Chinese soldier statue! haha! We named him, but I surely can't type it....sorry.

Anywho, I hope you all had a marvelous Christmas and have a splendid New Year! See you in 2010! Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment