Saturday, July 24, 2010

Having Fun!

So have you heard of the show Survivor? What about Big Brother? Surely you've heard of The Amazing Race...Well, tonight at GKTW, cast members from all 3 of those shows were at the Village! I was a photographer tonight so I got to rub elbows with the big shots. It was so much fun! I got a few pictures with some of them on my camera. I also got a poster to get autographs on. It was quite exciting!

Last week I decided to go ahead and make out my schedule at GKTW for the rest of my time here. We get a lot of youth groups during the summer, so the good positions get taken quickly. I realized then that after this week, I only have next week to work. Saturday will be my last day of work at GKTW and my last Kids Club. Cyle and I have gotten to know a lot of the staff at GKTW, so when we tell them we're almost done they don't take it too well. We've been bribed and given places to stay, but when I ask them if they can pay us and they say no, I have to say no as well. Ha! So don't worry, I will be coming home. :)

So this coming week I'm going to soak it all up. It's going to be really sad to leave GKTW. It is such an amazing place and I feel right at home there. I definitely plan on coming back whenever I can to volunteer some more.

Hope all is well back home. Love and miss you all!

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy your last week! You've touched many lives this summer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They should invite weathermen. I'd love to sign autographs. :)
    Enjoy your last week!!

    ReplyDelete