Monday, April 23, 2012

Delight yourself in the Lord



We must be getting older because all of my friends are getting married. 
Megan and Mallory Whitehead will be getting hitched this summer. I couldn't be happier for these two. They have always been loving, supporting, and encouraging friends of mine. We threw them a wedding shower and we had a lot of fun. There were TONS of food and I'm pretty sure the couples were showered with lots of goodies. 

The hostesses with the brides.


This past weekend was Super Bulldog Weekend. It's a beautiful weekend filled with almost every sport, festivals, and music. I went to some baseball games, saw a lot of people, went to a tennis match, the Cotton District Arts Festival, the spring football game, and...Sugarland! Even though it was exceptionally chilly for Mississippi in April, I had a blast!

Group of us at the football game.


We got a picture with Bully while on the field waiting for Sugarland.


In case you haven't heard, or just don't remember, I am going to London this summer. I am so very excited about having this opportunity to serve again. (However, I am jealous of those who get to serve the entire summer.) I had the luncheon a month or so ago and got a lot of my trip paid for through that. I'm still lacking a good chunk, though. I thought about doing a t-shirt, but it's just too much of a hassle for not a lot of money. 
In that case, I had to come up with something else. I've seen groups "flock" people's yards with plastic pink flamingos. Well, there are no pink flamingos to be found in Starkville. As I was walking around Fred's looking for something I could decorate people's yards with, I came across American flags on dowel rods. Therefore, my new fundraiser is "You've been flagged!" I am really excited about this, and I think, with the right people, it can be fun. 
I've already struck with the first house. Once you've been "flagged", you get to choose where the flags go next! Haha! I love it! 



School hasn't been too awful lately. We are just reviewing our behinds off; getting ready for this MCT2 test in a few weeks. I am SO ready for it to be over. I'm sure the kids are, too. 
Kayla and I are looking for a house in Brandon. Praying that God will provide. 


4 comments:

  1. Even though I talk to you just about everyday, I still enjoy reading your blog! I'm excited for your new adventures and a little weepy also.
    I know you'll have a great time in London and spread the word of God.
    And yes, I hope you find a place to live soon and that there are no stairs!
    Love you so much!
    Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! Love it! :) So proud of all that you are getting to experience Claire! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the flagged idea. I wish I lived closer...I would let you flag my yard :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may just have to make a trip so I can flag your yard, play with that beautiful child of your's, and see YOU!

      Delete