Thursday, June 30, 2011

This past Sunday some guys affiliated with the children's home took us to a shooting range. I have never shot a gun before, but I was the first one to fire. We shot a 9mm, 45mm, and a small automatic gun. With the 9mm, we had 4 metal targets. When you hit one, it would fall down. I was the only one to get all 4 of mine down! I was most proud of myself. Haha!
Monday's have a different connotation to the nannies. It's our free day, so we LOVE Mondays! This past Monday we were taken to a town north of us to go zip lining. On the way we stopped and gazed at an amazing waterfall. Gorgeous! The zip line consisted of 3 different lines. For the first 2, you were harnessed in and you rode the line sitting down. The 3rd, and longest line, you were put in a new harness, laid down on your stomach, and was connected to the line. So when you rode down the line, it was like you were really flying over the land. We got some good pictures!
After the zip line, we went to another town and went to a mall. It was HUGE! We all got a pair of Ray Ban sunglasses and some books for cheap!
Wednesday morning was a not so good day for me. I had overnight duty Tuesday night from 10pm-6am with my teammate, Joelle. I was up every hour with a 2 month old baby. So I didn't get much rest at all. After our shift, we ate some breakfast, and went back to the room to shower and rest. I remember getting in the shower, but the next thing I know I'm laying in a bed. Apparently, while I was in the shower, I collapsed and had a seizure. Another one of my teammates, Maicie, is a nursing major. So she has been taking care of me. While I was laying in the bed, Maicie was brushing my hair. After a while I turned my head and grabbed her arm and proceeded to have another seizure. Finally I came to and got ready, but I was still out of it. Our supervisor, Mark, came and picked us all up and brought us back to his house. I went upstairs to the guest bedroom and laid down. Apparently, I wasn't through shaking yet, because I fell off the bed and had another seizure on the floor. Three seizures in one day! I have NEVER had that happen before. Scary is an understatement.
My parents were informed and I'm very thankful that so many people called them. However, I'm sure it scared them even more hearing all this from people they didn't know. I was still too out of it to talk to them just yet.
Maicie and I spent the night at our supervisor's house. She's been on "Claire Duty". I'm feeling better after having rested for so long yesterday. But I am still very sore, bruised, and cut up in places. Of course my tongue is gnawed on both sides really bad. So it hurts to talk and eat most things. BUT, I'm making it!
We have our vacation this coming Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Then we'll have the rest of that week and 2 more weeks and we come home. It doesn't seem like I've been here that long, but I guess I have.
Continue to keep us in your prayers! Love and miss you all VERY much!

1 comment:

  1. oh no! I am so sorry, dear! Praying you will get some rest and feel better soon! I know your mama and daddy were having a FIT!

    ReplyDelete