Monday, December 17, 2012

How?

How could he take the lives of those babies? How are the survivors going to be scared for life? How can so many families celebrate Christmas in just a few short days? 
I just can't stop crying. I looked at this last night before crying myself to sleep. In each of those sweet children, I saw the face, the personality of my precious 17 third graders. Yes, they can get on my very last nerves some day, but praise God I still have them all. I love them dearly and I have seen that even before the tragedy, that if anyone attempted to mess with one of mine, it's not good for them. 
It was so hard to come to school today. I wanted to just sit, talk, and love on my kids. I wanted to sing praises to my God that we are all still here. This truly shakes me to the core as a teacher. We hear of shootings a lot, but for it to be 6 and 7 year olds...I just can't get over it. 
Praying for the families in Sandy Hook. Praising God for the safety of the other children and adults. Praising God for all that I have to be thankful for.

1 comment:

  1. Amen, my friend! It's just not something that I can grasp. How in the world can you hurt an innocent child??

    ReplyDelete