Monday, June 8, 2009

VBS

I'm sitting at the office right now. We're getting ready for our first day of Club VBS with the refugees. I am so excited and so nervous. It's going to be hard to get everything so simplified for them. They can hardly speak English. But I know God has a plan for all of this. So if all they understand is to color this picture, then at least they'll have some of the Bible story to take to their house.
God has opened my eyes to new things here. We went to church on Saturday night. That was strange. And we had it in the high school gym. It was awesome. It's not like the "cookie-cutter" image of church we have back home. There were all different kinds of people coming together for one purpose and that is to praise our awesome God! We had church Sunday morning in a cafe.
My mom is having surgery today. It's really hard not being with her at this time. She's my best friend. I know everything will be ok, it's just that I want to be with her, ya know?
Ok, I'm off to teach some Butanese and Asian kids about Daniel in the Lion's Den! Hooray!
Love you all!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Claire!

    Happy to hear you're doing well and keeping busy!! What a super experience it sounds like you're having!! Keep the spirit flowing!

    Love ya,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete