Saturday, August 11, 2012

I will survive

Well, I have officially made it through my first week of teaching 3rd grade at Puckett Elementary! It sure does feel good to say that.
My classroom is continuously changing, but that's okay. I am just testing different things out to see what I like best. :) 
I have 19 kids and I am steadily getting to know them. They are all so unique and precious. I feel like I am under a lot of pressure this year, though. This group of kids aren't really where they should be, so we've got a lot of work to do this year. I know they can handle it, I just want to make sure I'm doing what I should be for them. They deserve a good education. 
This week, I haven't been home before 6:30 any night. So, today, it caught up with me and I have been a bum all day. 5 am comes WAY too early and I just haven't gotten used to it yet. 

As far as life in Brandon...I'm getting adjusted. It's weird having Target and Hobby Lobby and Old Navy right at my beck and call. It's really not good for my wallet! I am trying to get to know some other people, but it's just so hard! That's something that doesn't get easier as you get older. If anything, it gets harder. 
I went to Pinelake last Sunday. I went there when I was in Starkville, too. I just love the way worship is done there and the pastor definitely preaches the Word. It's just so BIG! I was apprehensive of going there because I didn't want to be "just another number". I went to a Connect event that Sunday night, too. It was slightly awkward, but thankfully, I met a girl that morning through a mutual friend and we were able to go together. We chose a small group and we all went out to eat that night. I think it's going to be really good. We are meeting this Sunday night and we're going through James. I'm ready to get to know some other people and talk about the Word. 
God is teaching and revealing a lot of things to me. I'm so thankful I have a best friend I can call and complain/whine/cry/vent to on the phone and she makes it all okay. Thanks, Amy. I'm also blessed to be living with a couple of solid, Godly women whom I can confide in, too. 

Romans 8:28 And we know that in ALL things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose. 
Philippians 4:19 And my God will meet all your needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus. 

5 comments:

  1. Oh, how I can relate to this post! Hang in there girl! I've been in Southaven for 2 years and I still feel like I know maybe 5 people! It'll get better! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, it's so not fun. And being SO far away is even harder. However, the Lord knows what He's doing.

      Delete
  2. You WILL survive! Can't wait to come see you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Claireee! I'm praying for you and for new friends! :) I want to come visit sometime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, please come! Thank you for the prayers. :)

      Delete