Saturday, June 26, 2010

1 Peter 5:10

Right now I am at GKTW sitting in the Welcome Hut. I get to flick some switches to let the cross bar up and open the gate. I'm in here from 6-9, so I thought I'd bring my computer and catch up on some things. Smart, I know. :)

I'm still doing my regular schedule of volunteering at GKTW, Kids Club, and going to FBC Kissimmee each week. Some new things I've volunteered for is the La Ti Da Spa-Here, children can get airbrush tattoos, fingernails painted, face painted, and their makeup done. It's really fun! Pirates and Princesses-At the pool there is a huge pirate ship which serves as a stage. Here, the children can decide to either be a pirate or a princess. They are given certificates, tiaras, swords, tattoos, and makeup. They are then presented as Princess _____ or Pirate ____ from the stage. Then, of course, there is a big dance party. Cyle and I were lucky enough to get to be characters that night. We were both pirates. It was reallly hot! I have pictures, don't worry. It was quite funny. One morning I was a gift giver. Everyday the families receive a gift delivered to their villa. So I, along with 3 other volunteers, went door to door delivering Pictureka puzzles. Also, if a family checked out that day, we would go in after they left and restock the fridge with cokes, waters, and a cake. We would also leave a big gift bag filled with all kinds of toys. I've gotten to where I enjoy doing the Welcome Hut just to have some time to read, write letters, and just be alone for a little while. Haha!

Other than that, everything has been pretty much the same. For the most part, my team is getting along. We've had some problems, but we're trying to handle it all like adults. Thankfully, I don't really know much about it because I'm at GKTW all day, which I am perfectly fine with!

God is continually revealing Himself to me. Yes, He has brought some hard times/days my way, but I have learned to simply "let go and let God". If something is meant to happen, then it will. If it wasn't meant to happen, then it's for the best. Some days I've had to tell Satan to get behind me. He tries to distract me, steal my joy, and fill me with negative thoughts/attitudes. I know I'm working for the Lord and growing closer to Him when Satan tries harder to bring me down.
So I just ask that you continue to pray for me and my team. We've been here for a month now and we're getting tired. Pray for the fire in our hearts to keep growing and doesn't go out and for strength. Some of my teammates are stuggling with being homesick. I'm sure that's hard for them. Thankfully, I was exposed to being gone a lot growing up. Yes, I miss my family and my house, but I know it'll all be there when I return. Like Moma said, "As long as you can call home, you'll be okay." I'm pretty sure she meant that for herself rather than for me. She misses her baby girl. :)

Love and miss y'all!

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing how you inspire me everytime I read your blog! God is leading you through wonderful experiences and you are reaching so many people with His Word. We are so very proud of you!
    Yes, it is good to know you're only a phone call away!
    Love you much!
    Mama

    ReplyDelete