Friday, June 11, 2010

Updates!

Let's see, what have I been doing since my last update?

Friday Barney came to GKTW. I was a scribe again, helping the photographer as she took pictures of the families.

Saturday I worked in the Spa. Kids can get airbrush tattoos, fingernails painted, and their makeup done. It was really cute.

Sunday I was a scribe again. We went to the Candyland Party. GKTW has the largest Candyland game in the world. So the kids played that, then we had a dance party in the street.
Monday was our day off so we went to the beach. It was glorious. We met a family while there and later the dad and daughter taught some of us how to surf. I can write that on my bucket list and check it off. It took me a few times, but I finally stood all the way up on the board. No, I don't have any pictures, you'll just have to take my word on it. However, the other people that were there can vouche for me. :)

Tuesday was our first Kids Club. Allie and I are partners and we work the Quality Inn Plaza pool. We got there and there was only 1 child in the pool and she was playing with her mom. As time passed, we were getting kind of down. I sent my supervisor, Mrs. Suzette, a text message telling her our predicament. She never wrote me back and a few minutes passed and more kids started showing up. So I wrote her again and told her nevermind. Later, Mrs. Suzette made her rounds to the different pools. She came and saw Allie and I at our pool. She asked me if I sent her 2 messages back to back. I told her I did and what they said. She said she only got the "nevermind" message because she was on the phone earlier with the woman from FBC Kissimmee who adopted me. Her name is Mrs. Betty. Mrs. Suzette was telling Mrs. Betty what all I had going on today and that it was our first Kids Club so to please be in prayer for me. Mrs. Betty asked Mrs. Suzette if we could pray right now for me, so they did. And as soon as Mrs. Suzette got off the phone, she got the "nevermind" message. Wow. Prayer is so powerful. It gave me chills when Mrs. Suzette told me that.

Wednesday I was a scribe for another photographer. That night I did Kids Night Out. I had a little girl, Kaitlyn. She's blind, but oh can she sing! We had a great night together.

Thursday morning we had Kids Club again. We had about 10 kids. Most of them are from England so we love hearing them talk. Then I went to work at GKTW and was in Amberville for a few hours. I got to drive a train around the building for some kids. That was about it, Amberville is not a very demanding job. After that, I got trained in photography. So I got to actually take pictures of the families myself at the Winter Wonderland Parade. I really enjoyed that.

Today, Friday, I worked the Carousel and will go back tonight to work at Katie's Kitchen. At the Carousel, I was talking to one mom. She was saying how much fun they were having and how magical GKTW is. I agreed and told her I was loving being there as well. She thanked me and told me that the volunteers really make this place enjoyable. That was the first time I heard from a family how much they appreciated us. So even though some days all I do is push a button or snap pictures, these families truly appreciate everything I do. That was such an encouragement to me today. I am so excited to see what else God has planned for me.

I am having an amazing time. Continue to pray for us! Miss and love you all!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Claire, it sounds like you are having such a wonderful time. You are doing great things, so don't you get discouraged. You are helping these families make memories that they can cherish for a lifetime. I'm proud of you. Can't wait to see you in August!
    love you!

    ReplyDelete